The English Democrat Mayor has been making news in Doncaster this week being accused by some as a “racist homophobe”.The homophobe slant comes from Peter Davies saying that the annual ‘gay pride’ day in the city was as welcome as ever however he couldn’t justify making the Council Tax payer fund it, although this was reported as ‘Peter Davies didn’t want gay people parading their sexuality’.
The racist smear is from Peter Davies questioning why the Council Tax payer should fund translation services for people too lazy to learn English.
Our Border Agency has a logical need for translators and I can see the local authorities may need them now and again for recent immigrantion arrivals but if a person has been in Britain for more than a month and intends to stay, they should learn English.
By not speaking English in England, immigrants only have direct contact with their own which has no benefit to them or the country as it creates a divide with all others. Learn English or not? If they don’t, why should I pay for their laziness? I’ll happily fund English lessons through my Council Tax but not translators or the giving of council information in nine different languages.
Go to Italy with no Italian and see how you get on.
(On a different note – when writing this piece, out of interest I typed ‘homophobe’ into my Franklin Thesaurus and it came up – correction list – ‘HOME OFFICE’)

No comments:
Post a Comment