Well, A Year in the Life of ‘Rabbit Corner’ has begun. The inset photograph is Rabbit Corner taken on Saturday Third January 2009, just after midday.
The rabbits clearly operate a strict door policy as only five rabbits are ever allowed to graze at one time (this I suspect is due to the uber-rabbits knowing that there’s a cat snatch squad operating in the area) and this is reduced to four when the Corner fills with hiding pheasants on the day of a shoot.
The pheasants first found ‘RC’ last year when seeking a quiet dwelling devoid of double barrelled shotguns and step around majestically, shining, gulping large amounts of seed – if I were into eating game birds I reckon I’ve fattened more than one which nags at me, thinking that I’m ultimately increasing the revenue of the person keen to ensure the bird’s death.
Jason Bourne and his squirrel posse occasionally crash the Corner to investigate whether there’s anything worth ‘lifting’ and that’s pretty much a full description of the wildlife in ‘Rabbit Corner’. The weather, flora and appearance are down to nature and will be revealed over the next fifty two weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment