I think I owe Caroline Lucas a big apology. In a recent post
I made reference to Ms Lucas being arrested by Police in Balcombe for the wilful
obstruction of a public highway and breaching an order under section 14 of the
Public Order Act for her part in an anti fracking protest.
This week Ms Lucas (that’s not Caroline in the white top)
was found not guilty of sitting on the B2036 (that’s not the grey thing the
person that isn’t Caroline is sitting on) between Balcombe and Cuckfield or
breaking the order under Section 14 because she’d been too busy to read it.Summing up, the judge further cleared her of being at the demonstration or indeed of the demonstration ever happening or that there is a road called the B2036 or a place called Balcombe or a Company called Cuadrilla and he further doubted evidence that the Police had even arrested her or were ever in Balcombe themselves at any time.
I apologise to Caroline Lucas for mistakingly thinking you were on a road in Balcombe or if you were that it may have been obstructing anything and I also apologise for not realising that you were given a copy of the Section 14 notice but hadn't had time to read it.


No comments:
Post a Comment