Where did this trend for mothers trying to look like their daughters come from? I’m no oil painting and couldn’t pass for having just fallen out of Next’s shop window but I do have some pride and I think an understanding of what looks good and what looks like mutton dressed up as lamb.The ‘look’ I’m most offended by is an attractive twenty something blonde wearing tight figure hugging jeans with great ‘less is more’ make-up walking arm in arm with a bleached blonde, denim wearing, ‘more is more’ sheet of foundation caked walrus bizarrely showing far more breast than the daughter. Why do women like to show more mammary the older they get? If I woke up one morning thinking ‘I know, I’m going to show more willy today’ I’d be arrested; isn’t it only fair to expect the same of muttons.
I wouldn’t dream of going to town shopping wearing tight shorts emphasising my meat and two veg with my belly protruding under a tad too small t shirt. Not only would I be rightfully embarrassed and deserve to be punched but I owe a Duty of Care to other pavement/town users not to spark the gag reflex.
Can we pass a law against this – yes we can.

No comments:
Post a Comment