I HATE B&Q
The other day I spent over £50.00 in B&Q on a number of items. I paid via the do it yourself (appropriately) cash machine and whilst there I asked a B&Q person if I could take a bag. She replied that they were 5 pence and I had to scan it.
I scanned it – nothing happened. I scanned it again – nothing happened. I scanned it again – nothing happened and I thought, bollocks, I’ll have it anyway.
Having paid my £50.00 plus I started to put my items into the bag and the woman immediately fronted me saying “you have to pay for that bag – its 5 pence” (she’d obviously been watching me but had decided not to help earlier in the proceedings) I told her that I’d tried scanning it but nothing happened.
She scanned it – nothing happened. She scanned it again – nothing happened. She got out her Colt 45 hip holstered scanning gun and beeped it – it rang up – on the cash payment machine next to the one I was on. She then told me I had to put my card in and pay for it – 5 pence - which I begrudgingly did.
I hate B&Q now – tight bastards.
IN MEMORY OF
Paddy Higgins
GID'S NIB
A couple of wrinklies have won £25 Million on the Euro Lottery saying that it's not going to change their lives.
Silly bastards, make them give it back.
2080
Rainy winters snug by the fire, sunny hot summers like Spain growing olives, grapes, lemons and limes; this is climate change - don't listen to them - they're talking bollocks.
HARMAN BACKS BROWN
Harman tells reporters: Like every sturdy knocker, this Country needs a knob and Gordon's the best man for the job.
WELL DONE PIERRE
A big thank you to Pierre, Jean Paul, Luc and Marco, the four Froggie fishermen for starving Britain of goods over the last few days - that's not 'French' at all is it?
HELLO
Please follow one of the many links scattered around to the Orangutan charities.
6 comments:
I think the technical term for what you were doing is 'shop lifting'.
Four weeks ago I was in the same B&Q and the lady gave me a bag saying that they were free if you had a number of items.
I cannot argue with your comment – if I’d taken a plastic bag without paying it would indeed have been shop lifting (if they’re not free if you have a number of items) - I would have been in the wrong and I am grateful that the tight bastards gave me the opportunity to pay rather than calling in the Flying Squad.
Did i read this right?
you purchase the goods and then had to purchase the bag, which card did you use to purchase the 5p bag, hopefully it was a debit card, then B&Q lost 45p and the bag, as the transaction charge is around 50p. If I park I always pay with Debit cards
Hello WasteAccountant
If what you say is true I think I'll go to B&Q for thee sole purpose of buying another 5 pence bag with my Visa Debit on Monday.
I think the technical term for what he was doing is 'shopping lifting' - not the same thing.
I was given a free bag on Thursday but chose to bite my nose off to spite my face and declined the offer.
Post a Comment