So what chance was there really in Copenhagen that the rich nations would strike a deal limiting CO2 emissions when the developing African, Asian and Oriental nations clearly want to pollute more because we in the west have done it and become wealthy so therefore they see it as their right to have a go at killing the planet – it’s their go. America, Australia and the other G7/G9/G34/G3452 countries couldn’t give a shit about them if it affects their prosperity. The Maldives may get smaller beaches but that’s less life guards to pay.
The will to be superior rules the corridors of power. The Green Party may sit in Market Place with candles whining about it but they that run the globe don’t care.
I want to be carbon neutral because it will save me money. I want to recycle because it makes sense. I want the people of Africa to live safe, happy and prosperous lives but at the end of the day I really care about me, my life and my future – sorry but honesty is often hard to swallow and I am no freak; I represent the majority of people in the western world, China et al.
I do not believe in man made climate change and I see the benefits of it in England which are never spoken of by the bullshitting scientists; growing olives in Basingstoke is a good thing isn’t it?
The fact that climate change is responsible for the mangrove dwelling spotted minky shrew having to migrate north to find food thus taking it into the territory of the pygmy striped alligator who likes nothing more than eating spotted minky shrews is a good news story for the pygmy striped alligator isn’t it?

No comments:
Post a Comment