Give me green energy but don’t do it in my line of vision. The Green Party has got one hell of a job on it’s hands when even the people who pay lip service to their cause quit the party line if it means their lives being blighted by having to see a wind turbine – even if it’s ten miles away.Various ‘dirty’ industries including nuclear power, waste disposal, chemical manufacture and metal bashing apply the rule of BANANA (build absolutely nothing anywhere near anybody) to every potential new build.
How sad, not to say hypocritical that a large slice of The Green Party’s supporters (generally the most rural and wealthy ones) now want Green Energy to join the ‘dirty’ industries – “I want Green, but not in my back yard”.
I often find myself looking for the wind turbine when somewhere in Reading to get my bearings or just to see how fast the blades are moving. I like our wind turbine; I’m proud of our wind turbine and I don’t even pretend that I’m Green.

6 comments:
I like bananas - don't you?
Congrats on #1015!
I always look at that turbine and think, who in Green Park is using all that leky because the place is empty? or maybe it is just keeping all those big tellys on in Comet?
Agreed though, wind turbines are cool pieces of kit.
Hello - Oranj - been reading up about Cliffe - warming to the idea.
#1015 - ?
Hello Steve - I'd happily see another couple of turbines.
I want thousands of turbines, but in the best areas to cature wind energy. Large towns tend to have too many eddies. My the motorway should be good for a few dozen though.
Hello Adrian
I'm up for as many wind turbines as we can have - the only problem is the cost per unit of electricity produced.
Free fuel it certainly aint.
Post a Comment